What is Minimalist Design
Sometimes less is more, right?! You cherish simplicity and open space and only collect things that are both beautiful and functional.
Furnishings are pared down to just their basic function. Frills, ornamentation, and excess fall by the wayside to leave only the simpliest form. The result is an open and uncluttered feeling.
All minimalist furniture is high-quality and well-constructed. After all, it’s one purpose is function so it needs to do that job well!
Look for low-profile furniture with clean lines and simple legs with a focus on wood, concrete, steel, and glass. For interest, a few punctuated pieces will have a sculptural structure, like the shade of a lamp or an accent table.
Minimalist Color Palette
Your home has a monochromatic look with sleek lines and cool finishes. To keep your Minimalist home from looking too stark, bring in varying shades of your monochromatic palette and don’t forget to use wood accents and textiles.
Key Characteristics of Minimalist Design
- White walls and surfaces
- Sleek and simple furnishings
- Floating shelves
- Chrome or black metallic finishes
- Durable, high-quality pieces
- Limited materials and colors
GET MY CURATED SHOPPING GUIDE AND FAV FINDS!
Sign up here and I’ll send you my favorite retailers that cater to Minimalist Style! Plus, I’ll share some of my latest favorite finds I think you’ll enjoy.
Looking for a little extra guidance? Check out these resources…
1. Read this article where I list out my BEST decorating advice no matter your style.
2. Check out this piece where I break down some of the easily avoidable mistakes people make when decorating.
3. Sign up for more tips! Get the FREE email series, Decorating Made Easy: 5 Tips You Should Know, and join the 10,000 subscribers who already receive the weekly decorating articles.